Monday 5 November 2012

Tutorial for Fabric Box



So far with blogging, I have just posted pictures about DIY I have done. I have shown a picture of it with a link to a site showing you how to do it. That is fine and all BUT for this post, I am going to try to give a tutorial! Key word is TRY! So bare with me...please. Below is a picture tutorial on how to make a fabric box.

You will need: fabric (size of fabric depends on size of project), a random shoe box, ruler, scissors, 
padding, pen or chalk to mark fabric with, and a hot glue gun



First cut out a size of fabric to match your box's lid, then cut the corners.

Padding goes below!

Place box lid on top and put padding inside it as well. 
I glued it there.

Fold the fabric inside the box...

...and glue it in place!

Kind of cool so far!

I had fabric cut out slightly smaller than the size of the lid. 
I then glued it in there.
(I love my hot glue gun!)

Done!

DONE! I did the same to the bottom part of the box, 
just did not have padding in it.

Ta-da! 
Can anyone guess what shoe box I used for this?

If you attempt this and find an easier way to do it, let me know! Always room to grow and develop! Bye bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment