Saturday 19 January 2013

Wall Flowers




I made this last year for my previous dorm room. I saw a wall vase at a local store and fell in love with it, but it was super expensive! So I decided to make my own. It looks nothing like the one in the store yet it still serves the same purpose: to hang flowers on my wall. Also this was around the time I was really getting into DIY, so the amount of pride I have for this is extreme. I know it is not great yet it just reminds me of the beginning of my DIY creativity showing itself.


Supplies needed: a vase, small flowers, paint (paint brush), small thin wood block, 
2 thumb tacts, fabric, and super glue.


First: Paint the wooden block any color you like.


Second: Glue the thumb tacts onto the wooden block. 
Make sure they are spaced evenly like shown above.


Third: Cut strips of fabric (make extra long to adjust later). 
Then glue the tips of the fabric onto the bottom part (same side where the thumb tacts are glued).


Fourth: Flip block over and glue vase onto the wooden block. 
Make sure the vase is going to be in a spot where it will be close to the wall 
once you hang this up.




Fifth: Put the thumb tacts attached to wooden block into the spot where you want the vase to go (Warning: it is a little tricky to do so, so be careful). Then take the fabric and tact it to the wall above the vase (first I cut my fabric to appropriate length and then I twisted my fabric). This is why you wanted extra fabric, just in case the vase needed more support. 


Sixth: cut flowers to needed length.


Seventh: put flowers into wall vase.


Finished! 




No comments:

Post a Comment