Saturday 8 September 2012

Cloth Envelopes are Cooler than Regular Envelopes


There is a wonderful fabric store near my school called Sew to Speak. Near last Valentine's Day, I was there shopping for the most adorable fabric. However they made it super hard to shop for fabric because I was distracted from the most amazing window display! They had all these different cloth envelopes coming down from the ceiling on some string, along with some paper hearts I believe. My description does not do it justice of how cool it looked. It inspired me to make my own cloth envelopes. Then I heard that on their blog they explained how to make them! So of course I had to try!

I made this cloth envelope last year for Mother's Day. I feel handmade gifts are perfect for when it comes to gift giving for loved ones. I made a cloth envelope for my boyfriend for Valentine's Day...and well it my first try at this cool project. Lets just say it did not look as good as it did for when I made it for my Mom!


I bought the fabric I used for this project from Joann, along with some other needed supplies. I felt the floral print along with the polka dot really worked well together, even thought it usually is not a combination people try. I loved how it turned out. To make these cool cloth envelopes, check out the Sew to Speak's blog entry about it.

I think next time I do this project, I might make it into a "clutch" envelope. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment